Fire awareness training
This course is designed for all members of staff to gain a greater understanding of fire safety in the workplace.
On completion of the course staff will know how to reduce fire risks, deal with fires and escape safely in the event of fire.
- Fire Safety legislation
- Fire hazards and risks in the workplace
- Fire prevention
- Chemistry of fire
- General Fire Safety and Fire Precautions
- Action on discovery of fire
- The importance of fire escape routes and smoke travel
- Human behaviour in a fire situation
- Evacuation procedures
- Classifications of fire
- Types of fire extinguishers and methods of operation
- Practical fire extinguisher training
- Course debrief and questions
A practical training session is also included in this course which will give delegates an opportunity to use fire extinguishers or fire blankets on a live fire scenario, using our clean burn environmentally friendly fire simulator.
All delegates on completion of the course will receive a certificate of attendance.